Monday 24 October 2016

Author Q&A: Natasha Moore



If your book were made into a movie, who would you want to play your main characters? There are some amazing actresses in their 50s! I’d say Michelle Pfeiffer looks similar to how I picture Eve Corcoran in Choose Me. And all those silver foxes to choose from…I’d have to say George Clooney would be a great Rick Best.
How do you come up with the titles of your books? It depends. Some titles come to me before I even start writing, those are the easy ones. Some take forever. I try to think of titles that give a feel for the story, or pick a line from the text. And sometimes I have to hit up my brainstorming gang to chime in with suggestions. For my Silver Fox Romance series, there’s a common convention, eg. Choose Me, Rescue Me, Trust Me – which in some ways makes it easier to come up with a title for the next book and in other ways…not so much.
What does your writing space look like? Um…pretty much a disaster. I wish I could say I was neat and organized, but that wouldn’t be the truth. I know what’s in all those piles of paper, though, and the only times I have trouble finding something is after I’ve “straightened up”.
What do you enjoy doing when you’re not writing? Reading, of course. Walking. Playing with my grandchildren. And I’ve just started yoga classes and I’m really enjoying it.
What is your favourite colour? Teal
What is your favourite pleasure food? Ice cream – I can’t keep it in the freezer or I would eat it every day.
What is your favourite season? Summer – I love to be able to be outside.
What is your favourite television show? Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries – Thank goodness for Netflix! I can watch that show over and over and wish there could be more episodes!
What is your favourite movie? That’s a really tough one, but one that comes to mind right now is Silver Linings Playbook. If you want to go with a classic – you can’t beat The African Queen.
Who is your favourite actor? Another tough one… female actor – probably Meryl Streep. Male actor – maybe Kevin Kline – so tough to pick…
What is your favourite song? You’re killing me with these lol! I love all kinds of music. It’s an oldie now, but every time I hear The Dance by Garth Brooks I have to stop everything I’m doing and soak it in. Some of the best lyrics ever.
What is your favourite comfort clothing attire? Finally an easy one – Yoga pants and a soft cotton T – I live in those around the house, writing or relaxing.
What books might we find on your bedside table? Romances, of course, although they could be any sub-genre. I enjoy mysteries too, again any sub-genre.
Describe yourself in three words. Casual. Short. Romantic. 
 
When her husband leaves her for a younger woman, Eve Corcoran is alone for the first time in her life…and it feels amazing! She grabs onto her independence with both hands, done with men running her life and making all the decisions. Eve quickly unloads the McMansion and hires the contractor next door to renovate her new apartment. But she doesn’t expect – or want - those incredible sparks zapping between them.

Rick Best’s had plenty of freedom and independence since his wife died and his daughter got married. Working for the family construction company and volunteering with the local fire department keeps him busy, but his big house is still empty at the end of the day.

Freedom, independence…they mean nothing without someone to share it with. When Eve’s independence starts to feel more like loneliness, will she choose the second chance at love that’s right before her eyes? Or is she too afraid to risk her heart again?




No comments:

Post a Comment