Saturday 27 February 2016

The day I left home by Wanika Fazekas #Contemporary #Romance



The day I left home, I was sixteen and thought I knew everything as most teenagers do.
I was strong willed in my decisions and knew what I wanted. I gave up school, moved to another town to live with my then boyfriend who is now my husband.
I know I was young and could’ve done things a little differently but I can’t change the past.
Being young and in love, living in a caravan and becoming a couple meant a big deal to me. I didn’t grow up in an ideal environment. My parents split up when I was nine. My dad got custody of me and my sister. And we moved around a lot because of his job. So I made a vow to myself to never put my children through that.
I was loving life. My boyfriend was hot and older, he had a license and a job. Life was simple. Though I still felt like I was doing wrong by my dad. Because he did a great job in raising my sister and I. And I remember feeling like a disappointment.
Disappointment in leaving home at such a young age.
Disappointment in leaving my younger sister and missing her.
And disappointment in not finishing school.
I was very headstrong in my decision that I felt like I was doing the right thing by me. And I was, I found the love of my life and even though we had been dating before I left home, I knew within my heart and soul that it would all work out.
Now I sit here in my lounge room eighteen years later, with hubby’s head on my lap. And know that I left home for the right reason.
The day I left home is something to remember because my dad who was a single father at the time, held me tight against his arms never wanting to let go of his little girl, who had grown up before his very eyes.
This day I will remember for the rest of my life. My dad letting go of his daughter.
Family is the only thing that matters to Alison Baker, and now that she’s left to raise her infant son by herself, it has become even more important. 

With a sister who seems bent on marrying a douchebag and a mother who wants to know Alison’s every move, Cameron Bailey coming into Alison’s life seems too good to be true. Especially because Cameron delivered her baby on the side of the freeway. 

He’s seen everything, but will she trust him enough to give him her heart? 

 
ABOUT WANIKA:
Wanika is a romance author and lover of all things romantic. While being surrounded by her husband, four gorgeous kids, nine hens, a rooster and a dog at their home in Western Australia's wild but beautiful Goldfields. 

She still finds time to escape the bustle and sit down to write the stories of the characters who clamour for attention in her imagination. Her tagline ‘Be yourself, Own it. Only you can change your future.’ is about achieving your dreams and making them a reality. You can also find Wanika hanging out either on Facebook, her website or Twitter. 

Facebook: https://goo.gl/XgxKAP
Twitter: https://twitter.com/WanikaFazekas 
www.wanikafazekaswriter.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment